Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Poetry Recital

So someday last week we were driving by the National Museum and out of the corner of my eye (not the good one, the other one) I saw the name 'Maximus Dan'. *excited* Asked Calley to turn around to check out what the banner said.
March 21st.
International Poetry Day.
Poetry Recital.
National Museum.
7pm.
Max is a Mus Dan will be there. *more excitement*

So we bookmark the date and make plans.
I was keeping my exppectations low. Like real low.

So last night we reach in and sit down. (With our copy of Love Generation - Maximus' CD for 2K6 FYI.)
After all the relevant protocol of opening the function began.

Hear nah! First performer...Delana...Performed a piece with her daughter on her hip with one smooth voice. And from there it just got better.
Chike Pilgrim with Hell Phone. Kile Seijas, Ivory...talk bout mash up! Shakella...another smooth voice.

And after dat was Maximus.

Well once Maximus reach on stage I got up and went tuh de side one time. He opened with (good grief I can't even remember what now *shame*) and then went into my absolutely favorite song right now, Love Generation. HEAR NAH! Tears come to my eyes oui. I eh go lie. Dat song does just...*sigh* Ah does feel it all in meh toe.

After Maximus was intermission. (He signed my CD and I got a picture with him...ah looking real dotish and starstruck in de pic doh.)

Second half opend with Malice, then there was Collis Duranty, Kepha Yaseph, meh boy Ozy Majic (suck a doux doux mango...lol.), Abinta Clark and they closed with I-Sasha.

Well needless to say Calley and I had to stand up and groove tuh dat one..it special fuh us. (Got a pic with I-Sacha too and told him why I like his song so much.)

But all in all...it was a GREAT night spent. There's supposed to be another one in October or thereabouts...Thing is it was free entry and free refreshments eh...I find dey could charge a small change buh... *shrug*

I definitely heading there again. Everytime I think about it...meh pores does raise.

"So give some love to yuh enemy, show dem you got de remedy"

I gone.

No comments: