Sunday, February 25, 2007

Cricket World Cup: Volunteer Update

Sitting at home the Thursday after Carnival minding my own business when the phone rings.
It's the CWC people and they're calling to tell me I got selected for the VIP/Protocol area.

Me: YAYY!!!

Them: We have training tomorrow at the Oval and Saturday at UWI SPEC.

Me: Huh? : (good thing I'm on vacation)

Them: Okay, so see you there!

Me: Okay! (excited I got picked for VIP/Protocol after already having made up my mind that I probably hadn't)


Training was great. We had the privilege of being tutored by Sandra Basheer.
And I finally realised that when I grow up I want to be Sandra. LOL.
But seriously, this amazing woman just cemented in my mind that this is my field and I m on the right track.

And the more involved I get the more excited I get too.

Will try to keep giving regular updates, but this coming month I know will be chaos.

Other than last Friday and Saturday for VIP training, today I had First Aid training.
This Tuesday afternoon is a tour of the airport. (can't forget that I have to go to class afterwards).
Friday is Match Day Simulation from 1:00pm at UWI SPEC.
Sunday is Kitting Out Day from 7:00am at the Oval.
Monday is Match Day Simulation. All day at UWI SPEC.

You get the idea.

If I can't update daily, I will DEFINITELY have a HUGE update at the end of it all, which is at the end of March.

2 comments:

Karel Mc Intosh said...

Will love to hear about your experience, especially under the tutelage of Ms Basheer who has been a protocol stalwart for years. Keep us posted!

afro chic said...

Will do.